Construction Services and Permitting
Key Focus Areas:
- Ensuring construction and renovations are done to City and Florida building codes
- Management and mitigation of flooding hazards through local and federal construction guidelines
- Application of current best practices and construction methods
Top 10 Questions for Permitting
- INSPECTION - How
do I schedule an inspection?
- REQUIRED - When
is a permit required?
- STATUS - How do I find the status of a permit?
- CHANGE CONTRACTOR - How do I change the contractor on the permit application? Contact the Permit Department at 727- 893-7231
- CLOSE PERMIT - How can I complete/close a permit that has been abandoned/expired?Contact the Permit Department Phone: 727-893-7231 or by email: email@example.com
- PROPERTY PERMITS - Are
there any open permits on a property address?
- RESEARCH PLANS - How
can I research plans and documents of a property?
- STREET CLOSURE - How can I request
street closure for a special event?
- FIRE PLAN REVIEW - I have a question
about my Fire Plan Review.
- FIRE INSPECTIONS - I
have a question about my Fire Inspections results.
Permit Fees Collected
This department is self-funded through the collection of permit and related fees. All expenditures are dedicated to departmental activities.
Annual Revenues collected through permitting. Fiscal year runs October 1st - September 30th. Current year reflects year to date revenue.
Construction Value by Category
This tracks value of different types of residential and commercial construction projects. Values are reported at time of permit issuance which could significantly increase or decrease the monthly totals.
Construction Values are reported by applicants and relate to the level of building activity in the city.
Inspections by Trade
This chart shows the number of inspections for past three years by type.